New Model Honda Jet Unveiled

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

From memory, they managed to get some aerodynamic advantage too, but I can't remember (or find out) what it was.

From wiki.

The HondaJet's engines are positioned in such a way that the airflow over the wing is superimposed with the airflow around the engine to minimize wave drag at high speed.[67] The HondaJet designer calls this "favorable interference."[65] This configuration not only eliminated the problems associated with earlier over-wing engine mounts, but actually reduced wave drag compared to a conventional rear-fuselage mounted configuration.[65] OTWEM configuration is often named the most unusual feature of the HondaJet.

This one was being heavily promoted at the 2018 Farnborough Air Show.

43488707275_7013b6537a_b.jpg
2207 Farnborough Airshow Hondajet

Sadly only on the right hand side of the broken-off tail section. The left hand side pax died in the tail. Nominally when an airframe suffers a relatively flat impact, the fuselage breaks forward and aft of the wing box, which sometimes explains survivor groupings, but random things sometimes happen where survivors often pop up in the least likely places in major air accidents.

Yeah, that United crash in 1989 (DC-10, catastrophic failure of #2 engine severed all hydraulics, piloted final on differential thrust alone) had randomized survivors, likely due to the partial cartwheel it did on impact.

If anyone saw the movie, the airport fire crew was retired military at this little airport. Whenever I see a movie, I always find the best line in the movie, and in this one, it was after the crash in the corn field, when one of the fire crew tells a passenger in a suit with a brief case to walk out that way and the dazed passenger says, "Yes Sergeant." And the response was, "How did he know I was a Sergeant?"

I remember watching a doco on the Lockerbie disaster, which I studied, and there is evidence that pax strapped into their seats survived the fall and died of shock after hitting the ground. One seat they found with a body seated, the person had dug their fingernails so hard into the armrest the nails had broken off the fingers and embedded themselves in the arm rest.

I remember watching a doco on the Lockerbie disaster, which I studied, and there is evidence that pax strapped into their seats survived the fall and died of shock after hitting the ground. One seat they found with a body seated, the person had dug their fingernails so hard into the armrest the nails had broken off the fingers and embedded themselves in the arm rest.

If anyone saw the movie, the airport fire crew was retired military at this little airport. Whenever I see a movie, I always find the best line in the movie, and in this one, it was after the crash in the corn field, when one of the fire crew tells a passenger in a suit with a brief case to walk out that way and the dazed passenger says, "Yes Sergeant." And the response was, "How did he know I was a Sergeant?"

What's the name of the movie, Ed?

I knew some of the firedogs there were salts, but I'd like to watch the movie, if it's worth it.

I can't remember the title, but when I can't remember a movie title and my son in law is here, he whips out his phone and in a few seconds has it, so it may come up on google. The movie was primarily a documentary drama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back