Newbie...

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hiyas and welcome, RD.

It's easy if you have an account at Imgur or some other pic-hosting website:

1. Load the pic to your hosted photos account.
2. Open up the photo there.
3. Right-click on the photo, and then left-click on "copy image address" to copy it to your clipboard.
4. In the reply box here, click on "Insert image". It's the icon between the chain-links and the smiley, above the text-box.
5. Select "by link" at the top of the box.
6. Paste the image address into the box.
7. Click on "insert image."

You can also do it by pasting the image address, in your text reply, between a set of [img ] tags.
You do realize that uploading directly to ww2aircraft ensures that your images remain forever?

Image hosting sites suck and end up changing their policies (or going under) leaving your older posts with dead images.

You do realize that uploading directly to ww2aircraft ensures that your images remain forever?

Image hosting sites suck and end up changing their policies (or going under) leaving your older posts with dead images.

On the other hand, loading directly into the forum weighs the server down.

When I want an image to remain "forever", I save it to my computer, job done. I lost many, many images when Tinypic went under, but they weren't pics I needed to last forever anyway.

On the other hand, loading directly into the forum weighs the server down.

When I want an image to remain "forever", I save it to my computer, job done. I lost many, many images when Tinypic went under, but they weren't pics I needed to last forever anyway.
The servers (yep, plural) has ample bandwidth and storage and loading native images takes a few MS whereas remote loading can actually cause lag, plus image storage sites compress image files that are not being viewed in their server (to save band with due to fetching) :thumbleft:

The servers (yep, plural) has ample bandwidth and storage and loading native images takes a few MS whereas remote loading can actually cause lag, plus image storage sites compress image files that are not being viewed in their server (to save band with due to fetching) :thumbleft:

These are things I did not know, thanks. Having only used mostly smaller forums, I'm pretty conscious of not growing expenses for owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back