Newfie Rap?!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

There is always someone who has to be at the bottom of the bell-curve. Just wish that us tax paying citizens didn't have to pay for their DA choices.

Man oh man, funny pictures that you've posted, I tell you i make fun of such kinda people. That is not what I'm talking about and I do agree with you that is not an art. This is (at best) just commerce. But here we have people who do art with paint, music, sound and their minds. And it is hiphop...

Pisis can you post some on the music thread? Honestly I would give it an opened mind review.

I don't have any, if we talk about rap, it is more a question of freestyle - whatever comes to your mind you sing. Paint or build.

Here is only a few things that were done by the czech hiphop community in couple of last moths. But we create nonstop...

Trafárka (Exhibition)
Předzim na Těšnově (Grafitti)
Designing a Tram
Begs123 and his THC Ceramics
Graffneck Jam - Těšnov (Grafitti)

Newfie rap is crap, commercial hiphop too but the way of style we flow is not.

The first URL contained art. A little weird for my tastes, but to each his own. I have no problem with that if folks enjoy it. I've seen much more esoteric art in mainstream galleries so I'm obviously very conservative in what I appreciate.

The second and the last URLs were pure graffiti. You know my position on this. Especially when these are public spaces and private property. A waste of talent that was bred at others expense.

The tram painting was kinda original and if santioned, I have no problem with that.

The "Bong Art", while not my thing, is also okay. No harm their.

What occurs to me is that I have to agree with you Pisis. Your Czech hip-hop is NOTHING like that here in the US, but it does have its bad elements (eg graffiti). I think I see the positives that you are trying to convey. However, I do have to admit that I find that art should be an individual pursuit and not something that necessarily directly contributes to day-to-day survival. Not that it isn't important to society, but that I don't think that tax payers should support something that should originate from the heart and should be a secondary pursuit to earning a living, putting food on the table, and a roof over ones head.

So how did I do? :)

You seem to see the point now. I don't say it's an art comparable to the "classic" art, but as for the hip hop you know, the point is making money, for our movement the point lays in being creative.

As to the links, I just posted random URL's that I found on a single clicking. As I wrote, there is much more out there.

Well, everything has it's good side and a bad one. Drinking out is also not healthy but makes a lot of fun.

And of course this has nothing to do with a day2day survival neither it does benefit the mankind in the psychic way. It is just fun, and an opposition to the consume, that is almost violently but silently given to you by everything that surrounds you in the "rich world".

:nukemeltdown: :nukemeltdown: :nukemeltdown: :nukemeltdown: :nukemeltdown: :nukemeltdown:

Please dont take me wrong Pisis. I understand what you saying and if that is what you are into then that is cool. I myself just dont find it creative because it is not my thing...

Your right because I am entitled to my opinion and I am allowed to like what I wish to, just as you are allowed the same. That is what I am getting at the whole time in this convo but you keep trying to convince me on this hip hop crap. I dont like it pisis...

See if you like this then (probably not ;) ).

A song actually entitled "Newfie Rap", by the popular Newfoundland pop/Celtic folk group Great Big Sea. It ain't too bad, actually. It certainly beats real rap music, as far as I'm concerned.

Attachments

• Great Big Sea - Newfie Rap.avi
    2.7 MB · Views: 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back