Nice Late War B-24 Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

superkeith1872

Airman 1st Class
Sep 9, 2009
This is a 1945 late war flight manual for the B-24. The manual is about 270 pages and almost 200mb in size total. The quality is super high and as most other late war flight manuals, it has the nice 4 color illustrations that you just don't see in the earlier war manuals. This is also different from the early B-24 manuals that you find commonly on the internet. I love B-24 technical stuff, if anyone has any please let me know. Thanks, KeithView attachment B-24 Manual Part 1.pdfView attachment B-24 Manual Part 3.pdfView attachment B-24 Manual Part 4.pdfView attachment B-24 Manual Part 6.pdfView attachment B-24 Manual Part 2.pdfView attachment B-24 Manual Part 5.pdfView attachment B-24 Manual Part 7.pdf

Consolidated Vultee produced a set of 6 or 7 manuals that came in a nice leather bag for the B-24. Each book was on a different aircraft system such as hydraulics, armament etc and a flight manual. I have owned a whole set but had to sell some of them and they would be very difficult to scan, being hardback books. I've never seen them available for download anywhere. I found a rare B-24A manual a few years ago, bought it and scanned it, I can't remember if I posted it or not but I will look. It was small with maybe 100 pages or so but really the B-24A was a prototype and I think less than 100 aircraft or so were built. There just isn't much out there. I would love to find a parts manual!!!!! The only other things I have seen are a few manuals from Willow Run "Ford Airplane School", I bought one, scanned it and posted it here a long time ago. There are a few others for sale on the internet "originals" for about $200 each if you search for "ford airplane school" you will find them. Let me know if you find anything else.

I've never owned a parts manual for the B-24. The set of brown books in the picture was given to guys that attended the B-24 maintenance school in San Diego, the books broke down all major systems and came in a nice leather bag. These brown manuals are hardback so a decent amount have survived the years and they are usually undervalued compared to b-17 and b-29 manuals, which are pretty expensive. I'm hoping to find the leather bag someday for them. The light blue maintenance manual was for the B-24A and very rare, I think they only made about 100 of them so they were damn near a prototype. The manual calls the aircraft the Consolidated Model 32, so when I originally found it in a bookstore, I thought it was on the B-32, it's a very cool manual! The grey one is the Inspection Manual, which gives maintenance timing just like your family car manual and they made these books for each aircraft but they are boring reading compared to the other tech manuals. Eventually I will get around to posting the inspection manual scans and maybe the B-24A manual as well, just kind of worn out on those projects.

Attachments

• S5031041.JPG
    S5031041.JPG
    117.7 KB · Views: 1,009
  • S5031051.JPG
    S5031051.JPG
    115.5 KB · Views: 1,003
  • S5031028.JPG
    S5031028.JPG
    202.8 KB · Views: 1,024
  • S5031038.JPG
    S5031038.JPG
    300.9 KB · Views: 995
Thanks for the high quality pilot training manual.
A B-24 parts manual is super rare! I would love to own one. I believe many requests for one have been posted with no luck. So I will just ask again hoping!

if I can help here link
where I found B-24 IPC

Results for Download Aircraft Manuals

Please no one allege anything and everything........ I am not associate with anyone just mess around.......

I love collecting real original manuals and free electronic manuals but can't see paying for electronic format manuals.

I love collecting real original manuals and free electronic manuals but can't see paying for electronic format manuals.

Hi
Even on my restricted hobby budget I have very similar thoughts,even thou' most original manuals go for outside my price range.
PDF's of most manuals are free on this site and with searching the net usually turn up a few from somewhere else.
I waited a couple of years for the DO-217 manuals to turn up, which they eventually did as free PDF's.:)
cheers
Jerry

Hello,

We have recovered pieces of a B-24H-10-DT.
Here are some pictures to indentify the remains is to clean.
I'm looking for sites in the B-24H-10-DT.
EXTINGUISHER, the location in the bomber.
A piece of armor plate, there were how many pieces like this and where were the plates ?

41-28710

Keith- do you know anyone looking for a pristine hard cover original "Service and Instruction Manual RADIO B-24D Airplane"?Manual is marked "Correct as of November 1, 1942

Regards,
Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back