No one here can help? Really?

Discussion in 'Aircraft Requests' started by T-6, Dec 8, 2008.

1. T-6

T-6 Member

Hi, guys.
    This is the most knowledgeable bunch of people I've come across in a long time, So I'm surprised that noboby can help me. I've posted elsewhere here that I need the technical drawings and / or the maintenance instructions for a Spitfire teardrop canopy. It's to assist in the restoration of an FR. Mk.XIVe low back.
    I also need to be pointed toward the stencils and secondary markings for a Mk.XIV Spitfire.

Another project we have going here is a RAF Fairchild Argus III (Fairchild 24/UC-61K). Any help with secondary markings for that one?

Hopefully posting here again like this will attract the proper persons attention.

Thanks, Guys

2. freebird

freebird Active Member

Where is the restoration being done?

{Sorry I'm not the one who can help with your request though :( }

3. FLYBOYJ

FLYBOYJ "THE GREAT GAZOO"
    Staff Member Moderator

Aircraft Maintenance Manager/ Flight Instructor
    For the tear drop canopy, what maintenance instructions are you looking for?

4. Airframes

Airframes Benevolens Magister

Retired
    Had a look through some of my stuff, but nothing that really helps your requirements. Have you thought of checking out existing aircraft, and/or the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (RAF Conningsby, Lincs., U.K.)?
    The latter could possibly help, especially with the stencil markings for the Spit. In the U.K., Spencer Flack owns (or at least did) G-FIRE the red, tear-drop canopied FRXIV, and Personal Plane Services, Booker Airfield, Bucks, U.K. are well known for their Spit (and other) restorations. And, of course, there are the various organisations, such as The Fighter Collection, at Duxford, Cambs., U.K.
    I'm sure that the right approach to one of the above would provide at least guidance to a source, if not specific answers.

5. Njaco

Njaco The Pop-Tart Whisperer
    Staff Member Moderator

Animal Control Officer