No one here can help? Really?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T-6

Airman
Jul 30, 2006
Hi, guys.
This is the most knowledgeable bunch of people I've come across in a long time, So I'm surprised that noboby can help me. I've posted elsewhere here that I need the technical drawings and / or the maintenance instructions for a Spitfire teardrop canopy. It's to assist in the restoration of an FR. Mk.XIVe low back.
I also need to be pointed toward the stencils and secondary markings for a Mk.XIV Spitfire.

Another project we have going here is a RAF Fairchild Argus III (Fairchild 24/UC-61K). Any help with secondary markings for that one?

Hopefully posting here again like this will attract the proper persons attention.

Thanks, Guys

Had a look through some of my stuff, but nothing that really helps your requirements. Have you thought of checking out existing aircraft, and/or the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight (RAF Conningsby, Lincs., U.K.)?
The latter could possibly help, especially with the stencil markings for the Spit. In the U.K., Spencer Flack owns (or at least did) G-FIRE the red, tear-drop canopied FRXIV, and Personal Plane Services, Booker Airfield, Bucks, U.K. are well known for their Spit (and other) restorations. And, of course, there are the various organisations, such as The Fighter Collection, at Duxford, Cambs., U.K.
I'm sure that the right approach to one of the above would provide at least guidance to a source, if not specific answers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back