nose art P-51

Discussion in 'Aircraft Pictures' started by deRaf2ndranger, May 18, 2005.

1. deRaf2ndranger

deRaf2ndranger New Member

Hello everybody,

like i already mentioned, i am a great fan of the P-51 mustang. I let a friend airbrush a panel of an airplane to look exactly like the nose art of the "Big beautiful doll"; a p-51 of the ww2 serving in the Pacific as in Europe.

What do you think about it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

greetings

Raf

2. Erich

Erich the old Sage
    Staff Member Moderator

why RAF ?

what are your plans for this and others......

I think I would personally stick with makeing up a photo album of WW 2 pics. This very a/c panel can be found through the 78th fg photo history book

3. deRaf2ndranger

you don't understand, i think. This is a real panel to hang on my wall, it is not a picture.

i have a lot of pictures of p-51's and this panel is going to join them on my wall.

4. Erich

Erich the old Sage
    Staff Member Moderator

its a painted panel not the original. that is my point. You have a copy, why not collect original photos signed, but maybe you already do ? would be curious if you have and who has signed them as that is what contexts 90% of my militaria collection started back in the early 1960's

5. deRaf2ndranger

yes, it is a copy and yes, i collect original photos too.

i went also to a lot of airshows and visited the historical museum in Hendon (Engeland). The battle of Britain hall was fantastic; the only remaining stuka that has actually served for Nazi Germany was there, Messerschmitts, spitires,..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am also looking out for original pictures from ww2, but this panel is a bonus to put on my wall, it's just nice. The real "Big Beautiful doll" is still flying, and i think the owner wouldn't be happy if i stole a panel from his plane. ;)