Obituaries

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

... Hurricane Katrina, which destroyed their home in 2005. He was in his late 90s at the time, and had to be rescued from his roof by helicopter. His daughter Vanessa described him as "resilient."

"He's real tough, and that's one thing I learned from him," she told The Associated Press. "If nothing else, he instilled in me, 'Do your best, and whatever you can't do, it don't make no sense to worry about it.' I think that's why he has lived as long as he has."

And another unfortunately. 102 is not a bad run tho. Link was sent to me or I would not have known

... Hurricane Katrina, which destroyed their home in 2005. He was in his late 90s at the time, and had to be rescued from his roof by helicopter. His daughter Vanessa described him as "resilient."

"He's real tough, and that's one thing I learned from him," she told The Associated Press. "If nothing else, he instilled in me, 'Do your best, and whatever you can't do, it don't make no sense to worry about it.' I think that's why he has lived as long as he has."

right_salute.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back