Oil leaks from DB 605

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

al49

Tech Sergeant
Dec 16, 2009
Milan, Italy
Hi everybody,
as some of you may have seen, I'm working on model for a BF G-14 and in the coming future I will have to paint it.
I decided already the camouflage but I remember reading somewhere that the DB 605 was leaking a lot of oil so I'm in search for photos showing this leakage, does anybody have got pictures to share with me?
Many thanks in advance.
Alberto

Alberto
one or two plates here with exposed DB powerplants, none of them showing a great deal in the way of staining, I can post them up if you want

Alberto
one or two plates here with exposed DB powerplants, none of them showing a great deal in the way of staining, I can post them up if you want

Thanks Colin,
I've found a photo that I will scan and post tomorrow but I remember having seen a picture showing the auxiliary thank almost covered with engine oil, but I cannot find it any more.
It could be that the oil is from the oil tank, not from the engine itself, so I keep searching.
Alberto

Thanks Colin,
I've found a photo that I will scan and post tomorrow...
Alberto

Here are the pictures I found yesterday, not yet the one I remember but they already tell something.
oilstains-vi.jpg

oilstains2-vi.jpg

Alberto

Alberto
I may have misunderstood you, are you referring to fluid egress staining on the undersides of the airframe, rather than directly on the powerplant?

Alberto
I may have misunderstood you, are you referring to fluid egress staining on the undersides of the airframe, rather than directly on the powerplant?

Yes Colin, you got it!

If have some pictures of those stains, thanks for sharing them with me.

As I mentioned elsewhere my English is quite poor.
Alberto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back