Ok...this is cool!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks good, sounds good, and works well until the baddies start shooting AND some poor mech in a forward area has to try to maintain and keep all that high tech stuff functioning. $5 mill vehicle zapped by a $.25 bullet

I was thinking much the same, Mike. The wheel that transitions from a circle to a triangle looks particularly vulnerable to even basic issues like dirt ingestion.

However, it's still some cool tech! :)

it's still some cool tech!
On that I would agree, tis truly amazing what can be accomplished when money is no object. Our obsession with ultra-high tech will break us yet as if the forecasted $1.5 trillion F-35 wasn't enough. The F-35 has come to symbolize all that's wrong with American defense spending: uncontrolled bloat, unaccountable manufacturers (in this case, Lockheed Martin), and an internal Pentagon culture that cannot adequately track taxpayer dollars. $400,000 just for an F-35 HELMET!! $85 million per aircraft which after 14 years of development still isn't ready for combat. The Pentagon report 966 problems still to be fixed most of them software "bugs". The bugs were found "in fusion, electronic warfare, and weapons employment result in ambiguous threat displays, limited ability to respond to threats, and a requirement for off-board sources to provide accurate coordinates for precision attack. Oh yea, it can't fly in thunderstorms and the radar just stops working now and then...

Just what i need to cope with the hills, lumps, bumps and pot holes in my town !
I wonder if they'd do a trade-in for my 'tin tent' ?!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back