Old publications not in English (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

maxmwill

Airman 1st Class
Apr 18, 2011
This is a request to anyone who might know where to look, but I do know that EvilBay is no help.

In the 70s and 80s, I had a number of pen pals, one in Czechoslovakia, a few in the DDR, and a gentleman who resided in Lodz, Poland. They were modellers, and I exchanged kits and publications with them. Model Builder magazine was frequently asked for, as well as a lot of Airfix kits.

A couple of the publications I received in return were Plany Modelarskie, a Polish monthly that featured a set of 1/10 scale drawings of select aircraft, my favorite being the issue that had the RWD-14 Czapla, a very nice observation plane. Modelarz was a general modelling magazine. Both were printed in typical Iron Curtain fashion,. cheap heavy newsprint, but even though I couldn't understand either printed language, I still learned a lot, and from one issue of Modelarz, saw some photos of the Meta Sokol that made me want to model that someday.

Anyone else know of these ad others of the same era?

Both the Plany Modelarskie and Modelarz are the Polish publications. The Plany Modelaskie haven't been issued any longer but the Modelarz is still published. The Plany Modelarskie can be found as the second hand in many hobby shops or on Ebay, Allegro, OLX.. The Modelarz as well.

The last edition of the Plany Modelarskie was in 1989 as memo serves.And it was the destroyer ORP Wicher II.

PM150.jpg

The Modelarz looks a little bit different from the old publications. It is a colour magazine with an insertion ( drawings ) that are going to replace the Plany Modelaskie. But the drawings there aren't as detailed as the PM offered IMHO. However there is a lot of the old articles from the old issues of the Modelarz reprinted .

modelarz 5_2018.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back