I realize that, because the powerplant used in it was very similar to the Rolls Royce Goshawk, which was also an evaporatively cooled engine. And look at how successful that was. I'm not sure, but did the Germans try this on other aircraft, other than the He100 fighter? The British used this on a number of flying machines built, and was also proposed for such designs as RJ Mitchell's design for the Type 232, his contribution being a gull winged four engine patrol flying boat of the Sundeland class. In this case, the intake for the condensers being the entire leading edge of the wings.
My thought is if something similar to the belly scoop on the P51(as well as the MB5 and the Australian Mustang lookalike, but not scoop shaped, but one with an equal amount of area, could be doable.
I'm not sure if the Germans were even aware of the Meredith Effect, even though at the time of the 119m they might've had more than a few Mustangs brought down that they might have studied. I dunno, but if they weren't(and I have yet to learn that they did know of it, if only by dint of studying the Mustand cooling system in toto), wouldn't something like this be useful now, given advancement in materials technology since the War? I'm speaking as as mechanic who has been doing too much thinking. so perhaps I'm sorely mistaken in my assumptions. Still, it might be something worth consideration, 'cause an engine that can dissipate engine waste heat at a higher rater due to higher temp/ambient temp differential.
This is what I get for being the kind of person who thinks a few miles outside the litter pan.