One for the Aussies..........

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Wow thats a lovely thing to own.

How'd you get to know Judy Pay?

Well the mustang and the rest of the warbirds are still at Tyabb, i get the rumble of the merlin over my house every so often :).

Trying to find out how I can volunteer down there. Im already a member of the Moorabbin Air Museum.

Cheers

Alex
I've been trying to find

Hi Heinz,

yes, it's nice to have a few personal items from pilot/aircrew.

The first time I met Judy was at Wangaratta air show I think I sold her an ASI and some other items.
I sold her a few things just before I came to Norway to get married.

I've done a bit of flight training at Moorabbin. I sat in the Beaufighter at the museum once and donated a WW2 USAAF leather jacket to the museum (it was pretty rough but if folded right it would look nice in a cockpit).

cheers,

-John

Here's the second photo that Clive Caldwell sent me...........

Clive01.jpg

Unfortunately Clive signed the first with some sort of white pen and the writeing is cracking off the surface of the photo, I have it in a period frame with RAAF wings at the top, it's still o/k but not as good as a black pen.

cheers,

-John

Great stuff guys! ...and thanks too, Jan - I've also received ALOT of help from Vicky and some of the guys from the RNZAF museum, enough cannot be said for their help and generosity.

Great stuff guys! ...and thanks too, Jan - I've also received ALOT of help from Vicky and some of the guys from the RNZAF museum, enough cannot be said for their help and generosity.

You are welcome, A4K!

Vicky also indicate at the Photographer of the Museum, the search of one photo of Walter Jones for our job. He lived and worked in Tauranga at the beginning of the WWII. At last, died in your geographical antipodes........:(

Jan.

I have been doing a little research and have decided to change my avtar for a while.....

Brothers John Robert Yarra were young Spitfire pilots with 453 squadron RAAF in England, both were killed in action........ Seen on the side of John's Spitfire is his score of 12 Luftwaffe aircraft from his time in Malta during 1942. His girlfriend's nickname 'Ned' is over a shield with a Malta cross next to the victory markings.

JohnRobertYarraKIA453Sqdn12JackMalt.jpg

I'll find more photos and post them as my research goes on!

cheers,

-John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back