One Trick Pony Group Build Discussion (4 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
It's still over a month away but I thought it would be a good time to start talking about it.

I will be building the Modelcraft F-82 in Alaskan colors. I've read the reviews about this kit so I'm prepared to be working with a nightmare, but I have two of them in the stash so I figure I might as well give it a shot.
There is a decal sheet available but with shipping it would cost as much as I paid for the kit so I might just see if I can piece the decals together from what I have in my spares.

I can probably help you out with some of those numerals and letters Glenn.

Good one Andy. I have decals for Y2⦾A but the aircraft is a Dallas built P-51K. Not sure yet if the Tamiya kit has the correct Aeroproducts propeller and Dallas canopy. The prop was proven to be dangerous and was eventually replaced by the Hamilton Standard. Don't know when the change-over occured. There might be other differences as well....I dunno...yet

My build for this on. 1/48th Airfix "D". I have had decals printed for this one. Artwork from my photos.
The caption says it all. I was mid way thru the lettering, no gold oval around the tail logo yet.
Tailgate down with paint cans and cups on my '65 ElCamino work truck on the right.

Users who are viewing this thread