Otto Zehart

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

weinace

Airman 1st Class
Jan 4, 2009
Yorkshire UK
Good afternoon - on a 'stewy' afteronon in Yorkshire!

Does anyone have details on Ottmar Zehart e.g a photograph, knowledge of decorations etc.

I've just obtained the Special Hobby Fw190A-6/R7MK and want to build it as his aircraft; he gained the first victory for Sturmstaffel 1.

I like to have some knowledge of the pilots who flew the 'planes I build!

I have 'ploughed' the web but can only seem to find he gained five victories.

Regardsto all,

weinace:p

well if he actually flew and shot down the first B-17 maybe... ? he flew a regular A-6 with no outboard 3cm cannon like all Sturmstaffel pilots till the spring of 44 when A-7's came in and replaced the A-6's

Thanks to both Maximowitz and Erich for your replies.

To be honest the only reason I have for having heard of Herr Zehart is the information on the kit instructions
as I am keen to build this variant of the Fw190!!

Let's hope someone has information!

Regards to all,

Thanks for reply Erich, but it got me thinking.

The kit purports to be a Fw190A-6 with armour - and 'standard guns' in the wings i.e. 20mm MG151/20E cannon in all positions.

I thought R2 = 30mm cannon in outer wing positions
R7 = fuselage and cockpit 'armour'
R8 = R2 plus R7

There would be local variations depending on missions and personal preference.

So this would be a Fw190A-6/R7?

Am I right/wrong?

Regards,

it is a regular A-6 like I stated but has fuselagge Panzerplatten and the blinkers on the canopy so yes guess you could call it an R7 variant. the R2 or MK ourt board 3cm cannon came into the unit in spring of 44 before the transfer of the pilots into the two future Sturmgruppen

as mentioned earlier a copy of JG 4 volume 1 by Eric Mombeek may help with photos of the Fw 190A's as Sturmstaffel 1 is covered in the 1st volume, I have the older German versions

Thanks Erich!

I have recently bought the English version Vol. 1 and hope Vol. will be issued in the near future.
Regards,

Thanks AGAIN Erich,

There are half a dozen photographs of Ottmar in this book.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back