P-40 Flight Manual (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi all,
found some links on rapidshare but no time to check them out yet.
cheers
Jerry

rapidshare.com/files/.../P40_Manual.pdf

rapidshare.com/files/.../P40_Pilot_Training_Manual.pdf

I thought I read that there was an RP-40 Tomahawk manual posted.... I just cannot find it. Someone know where it is?

Hi all,

Does anyone have any pictures or information on the differences between oil coolers used on the P-40E (V-1710) and p-40F (Packard Merlin). Was the oil cooler or associated parts interchangeable between the two?

Does anyone have a any pictures at all of a P-40E oil cooler and connections...as in out from behind those two huge radiators?

Another question...

Could the Merlin be mounted on the same mounting frame as the V-1710...or did it require a different mounting frame?

Thanks

I posted a few of my V-1710 books in the engine section, I think it's the largest file you want but it shows the engine installation and accessory equipment in color for all aircraft that used the Allison. I would for sure check that out. Also, there is a P-40 website in Australia or New Zealand that has some great tech stuff on the P-40, if it's not on his site, you could contact him and he could tell you. Good Luck

Hi,

Thanks for that, that manual was good. Unfortunatly it only has drawings of the oil cooler and installation. I don't think any photos exist of the oil cooler as a complete unit. All photos I've seen are photos from the front of the aircraft. The oil cooler connections are always covered by te radiators. This the is the p-40E I'm talking bout. The F variant has all the connections exposed when the cowling is off....I'll keep looking.

Thanks

like this? ( im not sure what you ant to see)

Attachments

• P40_04.jpg
    P40_04.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 957
This company manufactures new oil coolers for the P-40 and other warbirds. Home I am sure they can tell you anything you need to know, they are in New Zealand so you might check their time zone before you call. I also came across some drawings on P40warhawk.com that I zipped up and attached below. Good Luck

Attachments

• P-40 Cowling Drawings.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 549
Hi,

Some good drawings there and I appreciate them. The connections on top of the oil cooler is what I am after however. There are always lots of photos of the oil cooler secured to the aircraft under the two radiators but never have I seen a photo of the oil cooler and its associated connections and valves on top. The question I am trying to determine is whether the P-40E could use the same connections for the oil cooler as the connections used on the P-40F. If I could see the connections on the P-40E then I should be able to determine whether or not they are interchangeable on the P-40Fs two oil coolers...as you can see both of them.

Thanks very much for your assistance. We are getting there...

I can't thank you all enough for this wealth of information on the P-40. I have long wanted to fly this aircraft in IL-2 for as long as I can remember and then some. I now have hours of pure enjoyment ahead of me. What a treasure. My deepest thanks. waddy
I know Waddy :)
Thank you all for the information and manuals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back