P-51 B/C 108 Galon drop tanks (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Profiler

Airman
Mar 22, 2007
Can anybody provide me with images, schematics or any another resource for the plumbing set up on the 108 gallon drop tank? all of the images that I have are inconclusive without a clear view.

Can anybody provide me with images, schematics or any another resource for the plumbing set up on the 108 gallon drop tank? all of the images that I have are inconclusive without a clear view.

Sorry profiler, I dont have anything on the 108 gallon drop tanks but I do have somthing on the 75 gallon ones. Its located here in the P-51D mustang and erection manual located here in this thread.

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/other-mechanical-systems-tech/mustang-manuals-9051.html

I forgot I had these pictures of a 108 gal tank. They are mounted on a P-51D

Hope they help

Attachments

• Scan0001.jpg
    Scan0001.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 2,650
Thanks a lot Micdrow you are a great help, Its a shame that the first image isn't a little higher rez, as its exactly what I am looking for, the second is also very helpful as it enables me to make a few corrections that I hadn't noticed before.
cheers.
* just used the image provided here, and looked up Mustang Sweet and Lovely and found the exact image that I needed. thanks again for the tip.

Hallo Profiler,

I have found these pic in some books about P-51.I hope these will be helpful for you as well.

Attachments

• P-51 under wing pylon.jpg
    P-51 under wing pylon.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1,146
  • P-51 under wing fuel tank.jpg
    P-51 under wing fuel tank.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 1,185
  • P-51 under wing fuel tank1.jpg
    P-51 under wing fuel tank1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,114
  • P-51 under wing fuel tank2.jpg
    P-51 under wing fuel tank2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 2,992
Thanks Wurger for taking the time to post these images, they are most useful. I can always rely on you guys to come to my aid in a time of need.8)

Can someone send me the specs and schematic on the 80 gal drop tank for P51. Urgent!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back