P-51B/C/D Propeller Blade

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ivan1GFP

Tech Sergeant
Mar 19, 2008
Does anyone here happen to know what the weight of a single P-51B/C/D propeller blade weighs?
I know there are a couple variations such as between the D and K depending on the model of propeller installed.

Thanks in advance.
- Ivan.

I think I have the info for the all up weight of the complete units, for both Hamilton and Aero Products props, but not individual blades. Although I think the blade weight is included in the stencilled data block on the root of each blade - Jim H might be able to help though, as he flies a 'B'.

I have 480 pounds or so for the entire propeller. I am just curious as to how much of that weight is in the hub and how much is in each blade for calculating a moment of inertia for the propeller. I have seen a calculation done with each blade spec'ed at 60 pounds and I believe that is way too low because it means the hub is 240 pounds.

The total weight I have is from "America's Hundred Thousand".

Thanks.
- Ivan.

From memory, 85 pounds per blade, or thereabouts, rings a bell, but not sure if that includes the feathering ring and gears, or if it's correct.
I'll see if I can find the manual that has the all-up weight, as blade info might be included. Might be worthwhile sending a PM to Jim, as he's probably got the info at his finger tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back