P-51B/C/D Propeller Blade

Ivan1GFP

Tech Sergeant
2,077
1,144
Joined
Mar 19, 2008
Does anyone here happen to know what the weight of a single P-51B/C/D propeller blade weighs?
I know there are a couple variations such as between the D and K depending on the model of propeller installed.

Thanks in advance.
- Ivan.
 
I think I have the info for the all up weight of the complete units, for both Hamilton and Aero Products props, but not individual blades. Although I think the blade weight is included in the stencilled data block on the root of each blade - Jim H might be able to help though, as he flies a 'B'.
 
I have 480 pounds or so for the entire propeller. I am just curious as to how much of that weight is in the hub and how much is in each blade for calculating a moment of inertia for the propeller. I have seen a calculation done with each blade spec'ed at 60 pounds and I believe that is way too low because it means the hub is 240 pounds.

The total weight I have is from "America's Hundred Thousand".

Thanks.
- Ivan.
 
From memory, 85 pounds per blade, or thereabouts, rings a bell, but not sure if that includes the feathering ring and gears, or if it's correct.
I'll see if I can find the manual that has the all-up weight, as blade info might be included. Might be worthwhile sending a PM to Jim, as he's probably got the info at his finger tips.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back