P-51's of the 45th Fighter Squadron

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

beaupower32

Tech Sergeant
Jun 10, 2007
Lancaster, California
profile_mustang_14.gif

Hey guys, looking for some photos of P-51's from the 45th Fighter Squadron, 15th Fighter Group
20th U.S. Army Air Force, South Field, Iwo-Jima, Japan, April 1945. This is the only photo I can find, but its a profile. I was wondering if there are any color photos of these planes. Even black and white will do. The green markings edged in black are also Squadron marks; there were no distinctive coloured Group markings as such. Some aircraft of the 45th Fighter Squadron had the diagonal bands repeated on the wings and tailplane.

Here you are.I have found these in Osprey - Aircraft of the Aces no.026 - Mustang and Thunderbolt Aces of the Pacific and CBI book. Because the actual pic is of the big size I've upladed it as the Zip file as well.

Attachments

• P-51 45sqn.jpg
    P-51 45sqn.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 1,388
  • P-51 45sqn_1.jpg
    P-51 45sqn_1.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 555
  • P-51 45sqn_.zip
    91.3 KB · Views: 166
A few pics of Mustangs and 1 P-40 from North American P-51 Mustang Very Long Range Units of the Pacific War (Osprey Aviation Elite #21).
A bit poor quality, but...

Attachments

• fs45.zip
    9.6 MB · Views: 170
This is the only colour photo I've see; I'm pretty sure this is 44-63483 " Stinger VII".It later had the revised late-war markings, green tail top and wing-tailplane tips plus solid green spinner.
You can't always rely on colour photos but it shows the dull medium green colour rather than the bright apple green. Note the thick black edges.
"Jeanne VIII" from the 78th in back.
From "P-51 Mustang action" photo Warren Thompson.

Nick

Attachments

• p51-45fs.jpg
    p51-45fs.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 963

Users who are viewing this thread

Back