P-61 unit emblem ID Help

Discussion in 'Aircraft Markings and Camouflage' started by Johnny Signor, May 22, 2008.

1. Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor Member

:?: Help,I am trying to find a positive ID and colors for an emblem of a P-61 unit,it's supposed to be the 547th Night Ftr Sqdn but I think it's another P-61 unit or very unusual whatever it is,I can only describe as I can't post a photo(Sorry) round background with two inner rings near outer border,a cartoon spider/wearing cap,all legs spread around body in circular pattern and in each "Hand" a weapon,mace,pistol,spiked club,round bomb/w/fuze lit,sword and a knife,blackjack,brass knuckles. it is in the book "Queen of the Midnight Skies" but so far everyone I've contacted say they never seen it,PLEASE HELP if at all possible,THANKS!!!!! Johnny Signor [email protected]

2. Micdrow

Micdrow “Archive”
    Staff Member Moderator

Manufacture Tech
    Picture of the emblem from the book above that Johnny is talking about.

Attached Files:

• 3.jpg
      3.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
  3. Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor Member

hello members,I recently got a slightly different color/design ID to the emblem in above question,I am still looking for the "Variations" colors,this one has two thin outer rings,the design I just got has a single outer border and the units titles inside "547th NFS",i did get it's colors,so if anyone recognises the image printed please contact me,Much thanks to all!!!

4. Johnny Signor

Johnny Signor Member

#4 Johnny Signor, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2011
    Attention all forum memebers SUCCESS AT LAST !!!!!!! Not only did I FINALLY get the emblem colors ,but I got Both variations colors !!!!!!!!!