P38J Sparepart Manual

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Kurtl

Airman 1st Class
Aug 14, 2006
I'm looking for a P38J sparepart manual since we are going to dig at a P38 crashplace. We've just found a few parts, but nothing special.
It's the P38J of 2nd Lt Quentin A. Teige, KIA 24/05/44
S/N.: 43-28261, was at 306th Fighter Wing/14th FG/49th Sqd and was shoot down by a Messerschmit Me110.
Maybe somebody knows that plane or the pilot and has pictures?
Thanks for any help.

Kurtl

Lt Teige was my father, anything you may come across would be VERY much appreciated! I have copies of the mission report, and a picture of members of the 49th taken in Apr. 1944.
He was born in 1918, enlisted in the Army in 1939, finished P38 Flight Training in Aug. 1943 and is now buried in our home town of Marinette WI. Even has a P38 carved on his headstone. I last saw him 1n fall of 1943, but was rather young so my memories are really from my mother and grandparents.
I can send whatever I have available but would be especially grateful for anything you may find out at the crash site. We have been in the Friedburg, AU area a few times but never located the actual location.

Ron Maj USAF Ret.

Lt Teige was my father, anything you may come across would be VERY much appreciated! I have copies of the mission report, and a picture of members of the 49th taken in Apr. 1944.
He was born in 1918, enlisted in the Army in 1939, finished P38 Flight Training in Aug. 1943 and is now buried in our home town of Marinette WI. Even has a P38 carved on his headstone. I last saw him 1n fall of 1943, but was rather young so my memories are really from my mother and grandparents.
I can send whatever I have available but would be especially grateful for anything you may find out at the crash site. We have been in the Friedburg, AU area a few times but never located the actual location.

Ron Maj USAF Ret.
Dear Sir! Please excuse my broken english. I am living near the little town "Hofstetten", Lower Austria. I have found information about your Father:

Teige Quentin A. 2nd Lt 24.5.1944
Hofstetten-Grünau
15th USAAF
14th Fighter Group
P-38 Lightning
43-28261
Hofstetten-Grünau
Niederösterreich

When you want i can seek any information about the crash zone from your father. Have you any information about this? I can and will help you. More information pls with mail to: [email protected]. Your sincerly Robert

I'm looking for a P38J sparepart manual since we are going to dig at a P38 crashplace. We've just found a few parts, but nothing special.
Kurtl

Hello Kurti,
If you have any part numbers you wish identified please let me know as I have access to:
AN 01-75-4A, P-38H,J,L &F-5B Parts Catalog , 10-Aug-1945

Regards,
Bobby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back