P40 Technical Info\Blueprints? Lady of the Lake

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Lordd

Recruit
Sep 24, 2008
I have a lady in the water. Yep a real P40-CE. I am trying to get her out this watery grave, but I need some technical specs on the plane to make sure my Math is right.

I think I need the interior volume of the entire plane. I guess that means the Cockpit, wings, fuselage, and engine compartment volumes.

Does anyone have any sources for these kinds of things?

I'd love to get her out, but I need your help!

I have a lady in the water. Yep a real P40-CE. I am trying to get her out this watery grave, but I need some technical specs on the plane to make sure my Math is right.

I think I need the interior volume of the entire plane. I guess that means the Cockpit, wings, fuselage, and engine compartment volumes.

Does anyone have any sources for these kinds of things?

I'd love to get her out, but I need your help!

Sorry Lordd, I dont have the info you needed. Best I can do is to point you this link. Maybe some one will. Good luck with the project. Any idea on the identity of the aircraft?

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/other-mechanical-systems-tech/p-40-flight-manual-7478.html

Hi Lordd,

>I think I need the interior volume of the entire plane. I guess that means the Cockpit, wings, fuselage, and engine compartment volumes.

Hm, the only time I've seen information like that listed in a technical report was for a P-51. The NACA used these measurements to calculate the moments of inertia for all axes to compare it with experimental data.

You could check the NASA technical reports server - there might be similar data for other aircraft types as well.

(Unfortunately, the NACA usually qualified the tested types after the fashion "a typical pursuit aircraft", which makes a type-specific search a bit tiresome.)

Good luck!

Henning (HoHun)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back