pacific war la-7s?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thedrummerguy

Recruit
Dec 14, 2007
hiya!

im a first time caller, long time listener as they say! :lol:

ive been trying got find pictures of La-7s from the pacific campaign in 1945 for a model, a few GIAPs with la-7s were in the kuriles, I don't suppose anyone has pics of these aircraft?

if not, does anyone have advice on what camo and markings a la-7 from this theater would likely have?

any info greatly appreciated

Regards

hiya!

im a first time caller, long time listener as they say! :lol:

ive been trying got find pictures of La-7s from the pacific campaign in 1945 for a model, a few GIAPs with la-7s were in the kuriles, I don't suppose anyone has pics of these aircraft?

if not, does anyone have advice on what camo and markings a la-7 from this theater would likely have?

any info greatly appreciated

Regards

hello,

are you sure that the La-7s were used during the Kuriles Campaign? AFAIK the only fighter type there was the P-63 of the 888 IAP.

Regards

hiya

had been looking at this orbat:

Deployments OOBs

yes, indeed:

"Reg't32-60 a/c in 3 sqdns + HQ flightFighters IAP Yak-9, La-5, La-7, P-63 "

It's a very strange statement. The only air unit involved in the Kurile landing operation was the 128 SAD which had following units:
888 IAP
05.42 - 09.45
903 IAP
05.42 - 09.45
410 IAP
10.44 - 09.45
2 OMBAPP VVS VMF

both fighter regiments - 888 and 410 IAPs had only P-63s and I-16s.
AFAIK the only Lavochkin fighters there were Lagg-3 from 38 IAP. But they didn't take part in the Kuril landing operation, they were used in the South Sakhalin Landing operation.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back