Paint schemes for 1945 SNJ-6

2
2
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Good Morning,
I'm new to this forum and am starting the restoration of a 1945 SNJ-6. I'm attaching the custody log of the aircraft that shows where it flew in its 12 years in the service and I'm reaching out to ask for authentic documentation on paint schemes and cockpit details. All info appreciated!
E23975B2-0FB2-4C2A-9437-8F9F57D074CA.jpeg
 
It was Natural Metal Finish when it left the factory. (below)

It would/could of had many variations in paint scheme based on its assignments. Most likely being painted yellow around 1952 or so.








1709222814166.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Nice! That factory photo is just six serial numbers off from our plane. Know any sources we could get the paint in it when it was at NAS Norfolk or in VF-9a or MCAS Quanico? Thanks!
I'm sure someone here might have an idea. Welcome to the Forum.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back