Paragon 1/32 P-51d cockpit

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

aqua_ta

Airman 1st Class
Aug 9, 2008
Southampton,England
I have the 1/32 Hasegawa P-51D kit and purchased the Paragon resin cockpit for it.
I like the resin set but I am struggling to find a picture of the right side cockpit wall instruments that match what is represented in the resin set, so can someone please confirm that Paragon haven't dropped the ball and based their set on a later/modified cockpit set up.
I have added a photo of the side wall, but please ignore the rather horrible green colour, you see I mixed a great pale green close to a interior green but when it dried it just changed to this sickly colour.:|
Thanks chaps.

Attachments

• DSCF2301.JPG
    DSCF2301.JPG
    91 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
That looks like a mix of B and D variants. However, it would possibly depend who was operating the aircraft, as some equipment fits were different, for example, between the USAAF and RAF.
I've got a couple of sidewall pics I can post, if you don't mind waiting a day or two, as I'm full of 'flu at the moment - too rough to dig into my library!
Unless someone else can can up with something sooner? Maybe Hawkeye?

Early, late, restored.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0003.jpg
    IMG_0003.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 167
Thanks fellas, it looks as though paragon used some artistic licence on this sidewall set since it doesn't seem to match anything completely.
Oh well at least once painted and the aircraft buttoned up it won't be too noticeable, shame really as the review on the different cockpits available had the Paragon set as the best.
Thanks for all your responses.

Parts of the Paragon set look like they are for the RAF Mustang IV (P51D/K), which had some different equipment fits. Maybe that's what it's supposed to be for, or it might have been based on a particular preserved airframe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back