Password Alerts

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Well, I assume whoever wants to find any of my passwords, would have a nightmare. I use translations of Persian Poems to other languages as my passwords, just Shahname has over 60000 verses alone, just one poet, one book. And at least 5000 languages with more than 100000 native speakers around the world.

I received an alert and realised that I had kept the same password since I joined and that it was a fairly obvious password that many other people will have used on other sites. Thus it would be nice to change it in case someone downloads the encrypted passwords from this site and quickly becomes me. Unfortunately, despite having no problem entering the site, on trying to change it, I always get:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your existing password is not correct.

Any ideas? I could claim to have forgotten my password but then I wouldn't find out what is going on.

I received an alert and realised that I had kept the same password since I joined and that it was a fairly obvious password that many other people will have used on other sites. Thus it would be nice to change it in case someone downloads the encrypted passwords from this site and quickly becomes me. Unfortunately, despite having no problem entering the site, on trying to change it, I always get:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Your existing password is not correct.

Any ideas? I could claim to have forgotten my password but then I wouldn't find out what is going on.
I think I can change your password if necessary. Seems like the password you enter as the old password is not correct.

It seems that you could type your current password with an error. Please check if it is written correctly with the same letters, especially if you use the capital ones

Returning to my earlier problem, I suspect that I was remaining logged in via a cookie. When I logged out explicitly rather than just closing the browser, I could not log in again and had to go through the password reset process. Thus I had probably changed my password in an earlier try but had not seen much effect.

I am not a robot.
To be sure, you must select all images containing a Groundhog to continue...

60e451b101f3566d6fda2f37_hCaptcha (1)~2.jpg

Returning to my earlier problem, I suspect that I was remaining logged in via a cookie. When I logged out explicitly rather than just closing the browser, I could not log in again and had to go through the password reset process. Thus I had probably changed my password in an earlier try but had not seen much effect.
Yeah, you can virtually be logged in forever through the cookies. So you probably had your password wrong.

I originally used a password that consisted of the first letters of a specific sentence including all the punctuation and upper case letters with the numbers in full. I used that on all sites until my credit card was hacked (not linked in any way) and then changed all passwords to a random generated different string for each site which I currently safeguard in an encrypted file with a very strong password.

I am considering changing all my passwords again to ones created with a program called Bitwarden as that is recommended by a relative who works in the industry in silicon valley.

Upside is only one password to remember and downside is I have over 200 passwords to change

Last edited:
I originally used a password that consisted of the first letters of a specific sentence including all the punctuation and upper case letters with the numbers in full. I used that on all sites until my credit card was hacked (not linked in any way) and then changed all passwords to a random generated different string for each site which I currently safeguard in an encrypted file with a very strong password.

I am considering changing all my passwords again to ones created with a program called Bitwarden as that is recommended by a relative who works in the industry in silicon valley.

Upside is only one password to remember and downside is I have over 200 passwords to change
I like Bitwarden and I use it on several devices. Its only "fault" in my eyes: there is no travel mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back