pearl harbor

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

can anybody tell me whats the recoil of "dora" please ?

Attachments

• dora-gustav_280.jpg
    dora-gustav_280.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,252
well you aint seen nothing yet take a look at a d-10\9, no wonder gaza is a stone age settlment.

Attachments

• d9_11.jpg
    d9_11.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,219
'Anzio Annie': Used against the allies at Anzio

armorrail.jpg

'Atomic Annie': 1950's gun capable of firing 500 pound nuclear or conventional projectiles

armoratomic.jpg

90mm AA Gun: :shock:

armorsky.jpg

well you aint seen nothing yet take a look at a d-10\9, no wonder gaza is a stone age settlment.

THIS is big. The Liebherr T282B. The worlds largest Dumper truck...400 ton + payload

Thats nothing....Hows this for big? Marion 6360 "The Captain", the largest stripping shovel ever built, also the largest machine to move on land...

http://www.stripmine.org/captain.htm

Or the Bucyrus Erie 4250w "Big Muskie", the largest dragline ever built...

http://www.stripmine.org/muskie1.htm

Unfortunately both are gone. :cry:

Tanks weren't well defended against air attacks, in open ground though I'd rather be in a tank than not. The IS-2 wasn't even that good, a Panther was more than a match for it. On top of the Tiger and King Tiger which could easily dispose of the tank.
Not one King Tiger actually had its frontal armour pierced in World War 2.

The "Dora" recoil wouldn't have been in the megatonne zone, don't be an idiot.

The reason Gaza is a stone age area is because your government likes to flatten it, when it isn't even theirs to flatten.

10.5cmbattery_small.jpg

That's a German FlaK 105mm AA-battery.

There were several rail guns in German usage throughout the war. Plus there was a cross channel artillery battle.

Leopold03.JPG

One of the guns from battery Todt.

232225.jpg

A 15 inch Coastal Gun in Battery Todt.

The largest mortar in active service during World War 2 was also used by the Germans. Known as the Karlgerat; Gerat 40 and Gerat 41. There were 6 in usage, the Gerat 40 had 600mm armament while the 41 had 540mm.

All the guns had names. I : Adam. II : Eve. III : Thor. IV : Odin. V : Loki. VI : Ziu.

Karl.jpg

I've found some information on the "Dora".

"The 80 cm cannon "Dora" was the biggest gun which were ever built. There were some guns with a bigger caliber like the 91.4 cm Mallet mortar which was used during the Crimea war against Sevastopol and the American 91.4 mortar "Little David" (only one prototype) from the Second World War, but none gun had got such a big total mass like the Dora cannon. It weighed 1,350 tons and shot 7.1 tons Armor-piercing grenade over a distance of 38 km. The pipe weighed 400 t. In 1937 the company Krupp got the order to build this cannon from the Heereswaffenamt on own desire of Adolf Hitler. It was only used one time against Sevastopol in June 1942. Sevastopol was the strongest fortress of the world. Only 48 projectiles were shot with the Dora cannon. To used the cannon two pairs of tracks had to be build. To make it possible that the gun can fire in different directions a shooting curve had to build. To move the gun on this shooting curve two locomotives each with 691 kW were used. This cannon could not be transported in one piece and so it had be build up every time. To build up the tracks and the cannon over 2000 men and special cranes were needed and it took 6 weeks. Protection from air attacks was also very important. The Dora cannon should be primary used against the Maginot line between Germany and France. Another gun like this was built, but with another pipe. This gun was called "Schwerer Gustav" and it was never used. Another gun with the name "Langer Gustav" was also build, but it was not finished. There were even plans for a fourth gun called "Schwerer langer Gustav". For these guns also rocket projectiles were planned, but they were not finished. They should fly up to 190 km. The incomplete "Langer Gustav" was destroyed by air attacks and "Dora" and "Schwerer Gustav" were blown up by a German blowing up command in Kummersdorf in 1945. The construction of these guns were very interesting, but the use was very low. "

http://www.hpwt.de/2Weltk2e.htm

[quote="
The "Dora" recoil wouldn't have been in the megatonne zone, don't be an idiot.
why not ? if a 281 kg minigun thet puts about 2400-4200 perminute. has a recoil of...get this 4 tons ! and its shooting only 30mm shels. now dora is a 1350 ton artillery piss thet shoots out a 4.8\7.1 ton shell. now you do the math.

and what do you think thet thet is ???

Attachments

• minen3.jpg
    minen3.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 1,160
7.1 tonne shell at 1 shot every 3 hours. The reason the Rotary Cannon has such a large recoil is because of its rate of fire. You jackass.

What about it? It's a remote-controlled mine clear, and it looks like the Goliath.

Why are you showing these things? Trying to show off or something?

One of the most interesting prototypes based Panzer III's chassis was Minenraumpanzer III - mine clearing/mine destroyer tank developed by Krupp. It proved to be unsuccessful and never entered production.

its not the rate of fire.
check this link:http://www.world.guns.ru/machine/minigun-e.htm

and no, i am not showing off you know much about WW2 so im asking thets it. " he who askes is foolish for 5 minutes.he who dosent ask is foolsih for ever".kong fu tza.

Attachments

• iaf_20a4n_433.jpg
    iaf_20a4n_433.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 1,149
  • iaf1.gif
    iaf1.gif
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,142
It looks like you already have the information there.

That mine clearer was nothing special. The Germans had many different ones of that sort, the Goliath was the most successful.

Of course it's rate of fire. Have you fired a gun? Autos held on are kicking more and more than in single shot. It's much harder to hold a gun steady when it is fired continuously, than not.

im only 13 i cant get a gun. but to bad i would like ot fire one.espicialy the XM-29 O.I.C.W or objective invedual combat weapon :lol:

Attachments

• iaf1_534.gif
    iaf1_534.gif
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,124
JCS said:

THIS is big. The Liebherr T282B. The worlds largest Dumper truck...400 ton + payload

Thats nothing....Hows this for big? Marion 6360 "The Captain", the largest stripping shovel ever built, also the largest machine to move on land...

http://www.stripmine.org/captain.htm

Or the Bucyrus Erie 4250w "Big Muskie", the largest dragline ever built...

http://www.stripmine.org/muskie1.htm

Unfortunately both are gone. :cry:

Sweet! :D

well you should try to shoot a Browning M2HB M2HQCB and then we will see how will you feel.

Attachments

• iaf1_174.gif
    iaf1_174.gif
    109.8 KB · Views: 1,098

Users who are viewing this thread

Back