Pick you air force ( I am not trying to copy the other one) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hey LANCASTER if your going to pick on toffigds list amke your own so we can see it . Not trying to be mean but I would like to know what you would pick.

hey dude i didn't realise you could pick the ones you want not just the best............

and it's easy to see you're new to the sight, everyone knows it takes me ages to make a list................

toffigd said:
nice, but I wouldn't classify the Blitz as light bomber

Why wouldn't you? It was a light bomber, that was used for recon too.

The versions were made up of this.

Ar 234 B-1: Recon
Ar 234 B-2: Bomber with 4 engines
Ar 234 C-1: Bomber
Ar 234 C-2: Bomber
Ar 234 C-3: Bomber
Ar 234 C-4: Recon
Ar 234 C-5: Bomber
Ar 234 C-6: Recon
Ar 234 C-7: Night fighter
Ar 234 C-8: Bomber with 4 engines
Ar 234 D-1: Recon
Ar 234 D-2: Bomber

Armament:
Two fixed MG 151 20mm cannon in rear fuselage, firing to the rear and sighted by periscope (there is some speculation that this was never fitted to production models)
Bomb Load:
various combinations of bombs slung under fuselage and/or engines to maximum of 1500kg (3,300lb)
http://www.warbirdsresourcegroup.org/LRG/ar234.html

But comparing Ar 234B-2 max weight - 9800kg with e.g. Blenheim Mk.IV - 6500kg, Do 217E - 8840kg or SM.79 - 11400kg shows clear to me, that Arado is not a light bomber.

Guns were mounted only on a few B-1 and B-2/N (night fighter-achieved no succes at all)planes.

toffigd said:
But comparing Ar 234B-2 max weight - 9800kg with e.g. Blenheim Mk.IV - 6500kg, Do 217E - 8840kg or SM.79 - 11400kg shows clear to me, that Arado is not a light bomber.

Guns were mounted only on a few B-1 and B-2/N (night fighter-achieved no succes at all)planes.

First of all I never said that it achieved any successes just that they were fitted as night fighters. Second how is 9800kg max weight not considered a light bomber. The bomb load is what makes it a light, medium, or heavy bomber. The 234 weight more because of the aircrafts design and its engines. The 234 could not carry eneogh bombs to be considered anything but a light bomber when it comes to the bomber versions. The 234 could carry only about 1500kg of bombs which is about 3000lb. There are fighters that can carry that much. Hell that is only about 500kg more then most fighters can carry. I think that makes it a light bomber. The 9800kg you are talking about is max aircraft weight not how many bombs it can carry.

If they considered a bomber light, medium, or heavy because of its max loaded weight like you are saying a Heinkel He-111H fully loaded at 14,000kg (30865lb) but carrying 2000kg (4410lb) of bombs is a heavy bomber because it weighs 14000kg. A Mossie could carry up to 4000lb of bombs did that make it a medium or heavy bomber?

You can make 2 lists if you want one the one thats your favorite planes and the best ones.
And yes I am new to the site I am still seeing who all is here .
Sometime ill figure out who does what :D

Yeah glad to know someone who probably knows what hes talking about . :D
If you want whats best the few things I would change with my list is the
P-40 WARHAWK (its a personal favourite of mine)
I would change it to the SPITFIRE .

ah, now i understand (must have had a little "buzz" in my head when was reading the upper posts)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back