Picture of the Day - Miscellaneous (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

WOW... JUST WOW!

Could those remains of B-25s be remains sent to Japan as war prices of the "Doolittle raiders" aircraft? They seam to have the right markings

WOW... JUST WOW!

Could those remains of B-25s be remains sent to Japan as war prices of the "Doolittle raiders" aircraft? They seam to have the right markings
Also, the photo of the seaplanes burning, I think I know the same place from another perspective and I believe it was taken on Sasebo, November 2,1945.

-these are the aircraft I recognize

Attachments

• 42489672070_c695a0dbe4_o.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1698112189499.png
    143 KB · Views: 10
Also, the photo of the seaplanes burning, I think I know the same place from another perspective and I believe it was taken on Sasebo, November 2,1945.

-these are the aircraft I recognize
Yes, location looks same Sasebo Air Corps of flying boats and float planes.
This caption says -

"The flames of a million dollar victory consume the Japanese aircraft. 33 Japanese planes were set on fire by a tank's fire thrower of US 5th Amphibious Corps. 28 of them were still in flightable condition with no malfunctions. The rest 5 were not flightable. Two flying boats were also included in them (dated November 2)."

I'm wondering how many of our members could easily identify that engine?

GE J47

Terrific thread.

Users who are viewing this thread