Picture of the day. (15 Viewers)

The Radioman on the SBD was also responsible for operating the aircraft's defensive armament, a pair of .30 caliber Browning machine guns INHG
The Radioman on the SBD was also responsible for operating the aircraft’s defensive armament, ...png
 
Vought O2U Corsairs and S-55A Ponta de Galeao 1934 WIKI
View attachment 862137
Not to mention Martin PM-1 in water on the left and Loire et Olivier LeO 20 to the right of the Corsairs. There are more that I cannot ID beyond the LeO 20. I really like to look for the aircraft in the background that are not the intended subject of the photo.
 
Not to mention Martin PM-1 in water on the left and Loire et Olivier LeO 20 to the right of the Corsairs. There are more that I cannot ID beyond the LeO 20. I really like to look for the aircraft in the background that are not the intended subject of the photo.
It was from a Portuguese website, so information was very limited. I was doing a search for the O2U and this popped up. I found it interesting because there is a wide variety of aircraft, some of I have never seen before.
 
This Consolidated PB2Y-2, bureau number 1633, is the first production Coronado four-engine flying
boat. It is delivered to the US Navy on 31 December 1940. Here it is shown, sans-camouflage, in flight.
This is probably somewhere in the vicinity of San Diego.

606206531_33715046248086431_5105181562583436063_n.jpg
 
Lieutenant E.L. Reid, personnel officer of the west coast training center at Moffett Field, California, right, swears in Jimmy Stewart, movie star, as a second
lieutenant in the Air Corps on January 1, 1941. Stewart, who was one of Hollywood's most popular actors before he was inducted into the Army in 1941, was a corporal.

605781250_33731340909790298_595191260328169508_n.jpg
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back