Picture of the day. (18 Viewers)

Restored Seafire XV From Sport Aviation Magazine.

sportaviationDEC-2010SeaSpit28.png
 
Last edited:
B-18 Bolo bombers taxiing at Borinquen Field, Puerto Rico, 1941. Note Hangars 3 and 2 still under construction in the distance the net
B-18 Bolo bombers taxiing at Borinquen Field, Puerto Rico, 1941. Note Hangars 3 and 2 still un...png
 
Two Hawker Audax Mk.Is of No. 4 Service Flying Training School perform reconnaissance near the Euphrates River the net
Two Hawker Audax Mk.Is of No. 4 Service Flying Training School perform reconnaissance near the...png
 
Whirlwind Mark I, P7116 HE-F Bellows Argentina No. 2 263 Squadron RAF based at Colerne, Wiltshire, on the snow-covered airfield at Charmy Down, Somerset 1941 the net
I understand that the props on the Whirlwind did not feather, but even at that the pilots were more willing to cross the Channel with a dead engine than the Typhoon pilots were with one that was merely acting up.
 
Admit it Wurger. This is one of your favorite threads to monitor. :)


Actully not the only one. But you are right. I like the thread although I have already seen most of the pics. But there are still images I haven't been watching yet. Additionally as an Admin I have to keep my eye on all threads. Unfortunately the kind of threads is the favourite one for posting the spammer's shit. So I would say that's not just pleasure but also duty. Two in one, whatever that means. :)
 
Horsa glider (airspeed)the net
Horsa glider (airspeed)the net.png
 
Savoia-Marchetti SM.79. The SM-79 generally is considered the best Italian bomber of World War II.
It served in a variety of roles such as transport, torpedo-bomber, and reconnaissance. Due to its distinctive
hump, it acquired the nickname "Gobbo Maleditto" (Damned Hunchback).

View attachment 891735
Looks like a model.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back