Picture of the day. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Post #10205.
I had to look twice at this pic - I thought it was Northern Ireland in the 1970s at first. The uniforms and equipment had altered little from that of WW2, when I first joined !

A lot going on with that 109 aside from the laundry....roundel in the fuselage cross?
Slovakian
Stars and Stripes reports that Gen. Patton traded in his ivory handled pistol for a new Helmet mounted .50 cal M2.

Windmill Theater show girls, London blitz, 1940

View attachment 472441
Its says here Trudy that wearing a wok on your head will not help during a jerry air raid you silly slag....

View attachment 472475

Platoon of Bersaglieri mounted on Guzzi "Alce" motorbikes.
My Father had one of those, end 40's, military surplus.
and-a remember El Duce... hes-a gonna be angry if we dont deliver da pizza in 30 minuto's or lessa

Flemish Legion prepares demolition chargesView attachment 472168
pin? what pin..that's not a pin silly boy....now you just hold that and I'll be right back.......

Estonian woman in national dress lays flowers on German graves
View attachment 471195
I swear I dont know whats wrong with this garden....maybe its the fertilizer...it just keeps growing dead nazi's

Last edited by a moderator:
Patton had 2 of them- one is reported to be on display at the 3rd. Armored Div. Museum at Fort Knox, KY. I have spent a lifetime researching George Smith Patton Jr- and his family- "Patton- A Genius for War" by Carlo D'Este- and "War as I Knew It" by Patton himself- plus I had a great uncle who was a First Lt. in the same Calvary unit that Pershing sent into Mexico to nail "El Bandito- Pancho Villa"--and he told me many stories about Patton and their exploits--He also, as Officers in the US Army then bought their own sidearms, and all of them in Cavalry units preferred the Colt SA Army in .45Colt cal., over the "new" Colt 1911 in 45ACP--

Actually I would like to remind you guys that the thread is for posting pictures and discussing them. There is another thread for jokes and fun in another section.
thats a shame......the constant posting of photos of the handy work of the Nazi regime and their handmaidens is grim, and tiring...even the great Bill Mauldin brought humor into the foxhole with his cartoons....and I see poking fun at the enemy as a long military tradition.

Users who are viewing this thread