Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Martin Mariner on the Banana River, Florida

Martin-Mariner-Banana-River-Florida.jpg

I might have but The Chieftain (aka Nicholas Moran, a Irish & US Tanker) who does very good videos on YouTube about various tanks recently did a pair on the Cruiser MKII (A-10) where he did the intro in front of the Cruiser MK1 (A-9) which had similar mg turrets and was visibly shorter than the T28 :) Helpful, that is! The turret shape is quite different too.

I don't think so. A such image would be something very rare, especially taken in 1940. The most of pics showing the Polish Cavalery in action has been taken at the interwar period. Mostly during the summer military manoeuvres in 1937-1938. What is more please pay your attention to the guys in the enlarged shots below... the first one is keeping a MG what wasn't the armament of the Polish Cavalery in 1939. It was the 7,92mm wz.29 Mauser rifle with a bayonet wz.28 or wz.29. A couple of cavalery units were stil armed with the older Polish made Mauser 7.92mm wz.1898 rifle It seems that other riders in the source pic are armed with the same MGs.
View attachment 491595

Secondly, the Polish Cavalery used helmets at war during fighting but not forage caps. The shape of all side caps worn by the riders in the pic looks like the soviet one. Also the blouses of the riders'uniforms look like the russian ones of the characteristic shape at the bottom area where the belt was.To sum up I would say that's the Red Army Cavalery but not the Polish one..

View attachment 491596
Thank you for the zoom photos, I was on a mobile device at the time and couldn't make a solid ID of the Cavalrymen.
They certainly do look like Red Army Cavalry troops!

image.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back