Picture of the day.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

No problemo.. :)

full.jpg

the pic source: the Internet.

Wow, highly decorated guy. Any idea who he is? He doesn't appear to be a pilot (no wings) so even more interesting....
That's a Luftwaffe pilot's badge on the lower right on the pillow.
The Luftwaffe pilots didn't wear their wings where most other air forces did.
His would be covered by the way he's holding the pillow.
He's an enlisted pilot, A corporal..

Last edited:
Post # 13,842 is very possibly a funeral presentation of a deceased pilot's awards - maybe Marseille ?

It could very well be for someone else's funeral, but not Marseille's.

I'm pretty sure he would not have the paratrooper's badge, or the air assault badge.
It's like the display only a enlisted man could get in the Luftwaffe, not many officers went from a combat paratrooper to a pilot.

That's a Luftwaffe pilot's badge on the lower right on the pillow.
The Luftwaffe pilots didn't wear their wings where most other air forces did.
His would be covered by the way he's holding the pillow.
He's an enlisted pilot, A corporal..
Thanks for that! I always thought the pilots wore the wings on their uniforms, maybe different for non-commissioned officers? Still an impressive amount of awards. I wonder who he is...:-k

Thanks for that! I always thought the pilots wore the wings on their uniforms, maybe different for non-commissioned officers? Still an impressive amount of awards. I wonder who he is...:-k

Luftwaffe pilots did wear wings on their uniform, they just didn't wear them in the same location as most other air forces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back