Picture of the day. (38 Viewers)

CR.42 Ground attack version with 50 or 100kg bombs (I think?) in Africa
If anyone knows what bomb it is plz say so. It doesn't really have the profile of either of those. I've read that a 100kg was the 'overload' capacity on a CR.42 bomb rack so that limits it down. WW2 Equipment Data: Italian Explosive Ordnance - Bombs (Part 2), Datasheet bombe - WAR THUNDER ITALIAN TECH TREE INTERNATIONAL
31ad57b95ca663aa2693f25367de3b35.jpg
 
What do you mean? It's a B-17G with the tailfeathers gone. I believe this is a single frame from a wartime reel. Without an empennage the pitch is uncontrollable. It will tumble, nosedown first.
I know end results of such damage. I meant could this have been an edit or really good/vintaged gameplay. Don't believe every picture you see as authentic, especially with today's tech capabilities...
 
I know end results of such damage. I meant could this have been an edit or really good/vintaged gameplay. Don't believe every picture you see as authentic, especially with today's tech capabilities...
I've seen that picture many years ago, way before video games and photoshop.
Maybe as far back as the 50's or 60's.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back