Picture of the day. (31 Viewers)

:thumbright:
 
F4U-1D Corsair on the flight deck of USS Bunker Hill (CV-17) off Okinawa, 6 May 1945

F4U-1D+Corsair+on+the+flight+deck+of+USS+Bunker+Hill+(CV-17)+off+Okinawa,+6+May+1945.jpg
 
Or " US helps with recent flood control in Venice".
 
Yup, as far as I know. I'm also dubious about "no photo credit available" as an adequate source, but that's just me. Not trying to pick a fight, but you know where you got the photos you post from, so why not just write that?


Being a photography, I understand what you are saying. I get most of these off of Tumblr, so it is a crap shoot as to weather or not you get a copyright with the pic. I post them when they are available. If they aren't, not much I can do but take it down if there is a complaint. Oh, and I edited and gave proper copyright.
 
Last edited:
Australian troops.jpg



Private D. E. Hailey and T. M. Conway of the Australian 2/23 Infantry Battalion in their Bren gun pit on the forward slope of B Company position, Tarakan, Borneo, May 1945 ww2dbaseSource ww2dbaseAustralian War Memorial
 
A B-17 belly landed. June 11 1944. If this was a B-24, the aircraft would be twisted apart.

B-17-training-landed-50-ft-short-of-runway-soft-earth-tore-off-whls-Jun11-44.jpg
 
... I remember building the Lindbetg B-17 kit back in the day and being impressed by the layout, construction & proportions of the AC ...
 
Last edited:
The Rodney and Nelson were conversions of super battleships laid down before the Washington Naval Treaty. In order for them to meet the weight class limitations of the treaty the rear of the ships were lopped off, leaving only the forward turrets.

Not conversions; redesigns. There's a series of articles, "Washington's Cherry Trees," published in Warship International about 35 years ago about the could-have-beens.
 
Not conversions; redesigns. There's a series of articles, "Washington's Cherry Trees," published in Warship International about 35 years ago about the could-have-beens.
Yes. I used the wrong word.
 
Japanese soldier.jpg


A Japanese soldier hoists aloft a German baby during the Japanese occupation of Batavia (Jakarta), Indonesia. March 1942. No photo credit available.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back