Picture of the day. (3 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

F4U-1D Corsair on the flight deck of USS Bunker Hill (CV-17) off Okinawa, 6 May 1945

F4U-1D+Corsair+on+the+flight+deck+of+USS+Bunker+Hill+(CV-17)+off+Okinawa,+6+May+1945.jpg

Yup, as far as I know. I'm also dubious about "no photo credit available" as an adequate source, but that's just me. Not trying to pick a fight, but you know where you got the photos you post from, so why not just write that?

Being a photography, I understand what you are saying. I get most of these off of Tumblr, so it is a crap shoot as to weather or not you get a copyright with the pic. I post them when they are available. If they aren't, not much I can do but take it down if there is a complaint. Oh, and I edited and gave proper copyright.

Last edited:
The Rodney and Nelson were conversions of super battleships laid down before the Washington Naval Treaty. In order for them to meet the weight class limitations of the treaty the rear of the ships were lopped off, leaving only the forward turrets.

Not conversions; redesigns. There's a series of articles, "Washington's Cherry Trees," published in Warship International about 35 years ago about the could-have-beens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back