Pictures of Cold War aircraft.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

New Type to me, but I admit I am not a rotary wing expert. Caption
The Ka-15 was an early 1950s designed two-seat helicopter destined to miscellaneous, mainly civilian-like duties. Being a Kamov, it employed the company's classic coaxial rotors configuration. Around 375 were built and they were operated by Aeroflot and the Soviet Navy.

The subject of this post in its very Russian element with a superb Sever-2 propeller-driven sled. The latter was based on the GAZ-M20 Pobeda car and, curiously, both employed the same basic Ivchenko AI-14 radial engine.

Source https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DslqXJSXgAAQ7W_.jpg

Chitose Air Base, Japan, October 10, 1983. ABC News cameraman films news reporter Sylvia Chase as she climbs into the backseat of a U.S. Air Force F-15B Eagle aircraft during the joint Japanese Air Self Defense Force (JASDF) and U.S. Air Force exercise COPE NORTH 84-1. Chase and a film crew are at the base to gather information for an upcoming "20/20" segment on the defense of Japan.

an F-15 Eagle aircraft breaking formation with another F-15 during a mission for the joint Japanese Air Self Defense Force (JASDF) and U.S. Air Force exercise COPE NORTH 84-1, 10 October 1983. The aircraft are assigned to the 67th Tactical Fighter Squadron, 18th Tactical Fighter Wing, Kadena Air Base, Japan.

Users who are viewing this thread