planes that were lesser heard of.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Heres a thread with some photos and links about the Junkers D1, CL1 and other aircraft

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1093&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=360

kr_junkdi_5.jpg

Junkers D1 1918
www.wwi-models.org

What about the Avro 533 Manchester of WW1? It is hardly heard about and there seem to be few photos of it on the internet. It is a heavy bomber of WW1. Its later namesake the Avro 633 (think it was that number) Manchester became the Avro Lancaster with two engines and a small amount of design work.

How about the Sopwith Triplane?

I was pretty surprised to learn that Sopwith made such a thing. Oh well, live and learn.

Jake said:
How about the Sopwith Triplane?

I was pretty surprised to learn that Sopwith made such a thing. Oh well, live and learn.
The Fokker DR.1 was built in response to the Sopwith.

who? you or the Spad?
I have Jane's Aircraft of World War I
it is a remake of the old "All the World's Aircraft" book

I've seen things like the Pfalz D.XXI
A nar-something Quadruplane
Triplane projects that lost to the Fokker Dr.I

Huge 5-engined Zeppelin aircraft (they were airplanes, not airships)

I flew junkers in the game by Little Rockets called "Red Ace Squadron."

It's a neat plane, it may sound crazy but if you turn off the engine in the game it makes a great glider. It's also quite manuverable.

You can download a demo version of this pretty good game from Real Acade or buy it from them too.

Pfalz D.XII, source on right click
SH48026%20Pfalz%20D.XII.jpg

Pfalz D.III, a supplement to the Albatross series, source on right click
2443L.jpg

Zeppelin-Staaken R.XIV, Reisenflugzeug (giant airplane), soue on right click
Zeppelin_Staaken_RXIV.jpg

Siemens-Schukert D.III, a plane almost as good as the Fokker D.VII, but few produed due to engine problems, source on right click
siemens-d3-300.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back