Please Help The New Guy..... (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 15, 2014
United States
Hey Guys,

I just joined the forum and I am hoping that it will help me complete a current family history project that has been going on for about two years. My grandfather and his two brothers all served in WW2. My grandfather was a Torpedo man on a destroyer, and his brother a grunt in the Army who fought in the South Pacific. Then there was Walter who was a B-24 Bombardier and was killed on his first mission in 1944. As part of a family history tribute I am trying to create a framed piece that represents all of the three brothers service. For my grandfather I had a graphic print of DD-428 USS Charles Hughes framed along with some of his pictures and presented it to my father as a gift. Now I am trying to create a similar piece for my grandfathers brother Walter. It has been a long journey and I am trying to finish this project.

A couple years ago I contacted Mark Styling regarding a piece of art he had that was the same squadron as Walter's. It was his print of "Short Snorter" and I asked him if he could customize it if I could get a better idea of how Walters B-24 looked (model, colors, nose art). Mark was very helpful and said he would undertake the task. To confirm how the plane would look I ended up corresponding with the Air Force Historical Research Agency. Mark was able to determine the serial number of the B-24 and get an idea of how it would have looked. Then when I attempted to move forward Mark stopped replying. He stated that my email account was sending his emails to spam/bulk mail. I would check it and never find any replies. I have been emailing him every couple of months in a hope to establish contact but have not had any luck. So I am reaching out to you guys for help with this.

Does anyone know what happened to Mark Styling? Does anybody know of an artist who does similar work in case I can not re establish contact with him? Anybody have any other ideas? The last I heard from him was 3-25-13.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Hi Brian,

I must have missed your first post. I have no idea what happened to Mark. If you are looking for a side profile we have a member here named "Clave" you could contact. For aviation type of art I've used "Ron Cole" whom is also a member here. You can search on either of their names here and look at some of their work.

Regardless, best of luck on your project.

I'm sorry I missed your first post too and VB gave you some good advise.

Welcome to the forum and I'm sure members here can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back