Please Help The New Guy.....

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Jan 15, 2014
United States
Hey Guys,

I just joined the forum and I am hoping that it will help me complete a current family history project that has been going on for about two years. My grandfather and his two brothers all served in WW2. My grandfather was a Torpedo man on a destroyer, and his brother a grunt in the Army who fought in the South Pacific. Then there was Walter who was a B-24 Bombardier and was killed on his first mission in 1944. As part of a family history tribute I am trying to create a framed piece that represents all of the three brothers service. For my grandfather I had a graphic print of DD-428 USS Charles Hughes framed along with some of his pictures and presented it to my father as a gift. Now I am trying to create a similar piece for my grandfathers brother Walter. It has been a long journey and I am trying to finish this project.

A couple years ago I contacted Mark Styling regarding a piece of art he had that was the same squadron as Walter's. It was his print of "Short Snorter" and I asked him if he could customize it if I could get a better idea of how Walters B-24 looked (model, colors, nose art). Mark was very helpful and said he would undertake the task. To confirm how the plane would look I ended up corresponding with the Air Force Historical Research Agency. Mark was able to determine the serial number of the B-24 and get an idea of how it would have looked. Then when I attempted to move forward Mark stopped replying. He stated that my email account was sending his emails to spam/bulk mail. I would check it and never find any replies. I have been emailing him every couple of months in a hope to establish contact but have not had any luck. So I am reaching out to you guys for help with this.

Does anyone know what happened to Mark Styling? Does anybody know of an artist who does similar work in case I can not re establish contact with him? Anybody have any other ideas? The last I heard from him was 3-25-13.

Thanks in advance,
Brian

Hi Brian,

I must have missed your first post. I have no idea what happened to Mark. If you are looking for a side profile we have a member here named "Clave" you could contact. For aviation type of art I've used "Ron Cole" whom is also a member here. You can search on either of their names here and look at some of their work.

Regardless, best of luck on your project.

Users who are viewing this thread