Polish Spitfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

It was "SO bloody obvious" a mistake. :lol:
and "he" did not go at you- "you had a go at him"[/i]

Attachments

• polish_spitfiree_776.jpg
    polish_spitfiree_776.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 561
...........bloody obvious. (??????)
sombody has to be Polish to publish a picture of Polish Spitfire?????
Hey buddy!..... these boys fought for your country sometimes paying the biggest price (life) and you're supposed to be the person who publishes those pictures and writes about them so they are not forgotten.
I was just checking the pages of this website and I couldn't find anything
about Poles, fighting in Britain. Seeing that, it is hard to believe that Polish pilots (30,000) were the second nation part of RAF during the WWII.

Looks like you were having a go there.

It's quite obvious you don't understand British-English (No offence intended). Saying 'bloody obvious' is not aggression.

"Looks like you were having a go there."--------->
Posted: Sun Jan 30, 2005 5:00 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me guess, he's Polish descendant.

.......by the way.......are you anti-polish?... :lol:

Attachments

• polish_spitfiree_114.jpg
    polish_spitfiree_114.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 535
Nah I think he was just making an assumption, he wasnt having a go.

Im not anti polish at all, I love the Polish! 8)

Perhaps both of you should cut it out, youre just winding each other up over nothing :lol:

I was only joking. :lol:

It was "SO bloody obvious" a joke.
:lol: :lol:

Attachments

• polish_spitfiree_322.jpg
    polish_spitfiree_322.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 484
Greetings from Poland everyone!
Tino, great pics.
I just love the first one, the RFD of Jan Zumbach.

Have you read "Question of honor"? nicely written book about the 303rd (Polish) Fighter Squadron. Do I have to mention that it was the highest scoring sqn in the BoB?

Hi All!!! This is my first contribution....The Poles I have worked with in my military career were and are simply outstanding, especially their GROM special forces!!!! As far as history, the Poles that fought were more than pilots, they were warriors and were out for blood....plan and simple...I would have felt the same....

And not only the Polish pilots who were the most numerous force in the ranks of RAF besides the British.

Also the soldiers of the 2nd Polish Corps in Italy, in battle of Monte Cassino (they advanced forward to the final victory on 19th May) and during the siege of Bolonia.

The same was with the Polish armoured division under Gen. Maczek, that highly contributed to the victory in Falaise..., or 1st Independent Polish Parachute Brigade, created to participate in the combat on their native soil in case of the national uprising. They were transferred under the British command and took part in Market Garden operation. Dropped in a wrong place, cut form supplies and main forces made incredible effort to fight their way to their assigned targets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back