Potez 12Dc engine information

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

fastmongrel

1st Sergeant
May 28, 2009
Lancashire
I am building a 1/72 scale model of the French Arsenal VG33 fighter. I am doing some online research and I have come across several mentions that the prototype known as the VG30 was designed to use the Potez 12Dc engine. The engine had problems and was swapped for a Hispano 12y.

I have googled this engine but there seems to be nothing written about it. I know Potez were working on air-cooled inverted engines before ww2 so I am guessing the 12Dc was an air-cooled inverted V12.

Has anyone got any information or photos of the engine maybe something is written in French. I would like to build the VG30 prototype with the originally specified engine.

I am building a 1/72 scale model of the French Arsenal VG33 fighter. I am doing some online research and I have come across several mentions that the prototype known as the VG30 was designed to use the Potez 12Dc engine. The engine had problems and was swapped for a Hispano 12y.

I have googled this engine but there seems to be nothing written about it. I know Potez were working on air-cooled inverted engines before ww2 so I am guessing the 12Dc was an air-cooled inverted V12.

Has anyone got any information or photos of the engine maybe something is written in French. I would like to build the VG30 prototype with the originally specified engine.

Nothing on the 12Dc, but this on the 12D...
Potez12D.jpg

Thanks for the information I have looked for anything about Potez engines and not seen that.

That can't have been powerful enough for a 5,000 pound aircraft to do 330 mph it must be a different smaller but similar engine.

Does anyone know how to do a search for French language information on Google I am a bit of a dunce when it comes to the interwebs. I don't speak French but I know enough to see the correct information.

Try searching on the link below for a range of French aircraft (amongst others) magazines - downloads are free and I've had a lot of good information from it.

Gallica

I found the Potez 12 D searching for "Potez Type 12 D" fairly easily - see how you go!

I found a picture the 12D but no mention of the 12DC. Perhaps it was only a paper engine
Hello
The only reference to the Potez 12Dc I found is in the "Moteurs à pistons aéronautiques français" (Bodemer et Laugier, Docavia, Editions Larivière, 1987). It was a 12D with supercharger, 610 HP, intended to be build for the Arsenal VG30 by the Lorraine engine company, at this time owned by Henry Potez and Marcel Bloch.
Have a nice day

Users who are viewing this thread

Back