Propeller torsional vibration data wanted (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Deleted member 68059

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2015
If anyone has made/found/seen torsional readings from a propeller shaft, preferably one in pusher configuration where the blades are passing through the wing/tail wake I`d be most appreciative of having a look at it. A bit specific I know, but thats what I`m after !

I need to look at the magnitude of the torque fluctuations caused by this wake, data from a puller config is welcomed too, as it will provide an example of what the signal might look like without this. If you do, please also mention which engine its from and also knowing the number of prop blades would be very useful too :pilotsalute:

Wartime or contemporary data is equally welcome.

Thanks !

Sorry I do not have the data you want. Have you tried a propeller manufacturer for this information, they may be able to help.
You mention "Puller" propeller, they are normally referred as "Tractor" propellers.

Hey Snowygrouch,

I may be misremembering, but I think I saw at least one NACA report on the Cranfield or some other site that discussed torsional vibration measurements of propeller shafts and associated effects on propeller blades. I also think I saw a report online from the WWII German testing establishment, at some point in the recent past, but I do not remember where. Sorry.

Hey Snowygrouch,

I may be misremembering, but I think I saw at least one NACA report on the Cranfield or some other site that discussed torsional vibration measurements of propeller shafts and associated effects on propeller blades. I also think I saw a report online from the WWII German testing establishment, at some point in the recent past, but I do not remember where. Sorry.

Thats ok, thanks for trying :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back