Pyrolytic graphite

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hellmaker

Airman 1st Class
Mar 18, 2005
Ploiesti
Does anyone have some data on pyrolytic graphite? It's a material used for engine nozzles. I need some extended info about it cause i'm writing a paper on it.
Please HELP!!!!
:rolleyes:

I've seen that page already. Thanks. But there's to little info. I need something on it's destination, examples of nozzles made of this ceramic. I've googled the internet page by page and nothing concrete, just a few lines, nothing more. That's why I turned to the forum. Hoped someone could enlighten me. :oops:

I seem to recall that this is the same stuff Burtan used for his X-Prixe rocket. Check Aviation Week and Space Technology archives. Also think you might want to check nuclear reactor specs as I think that it is also a coating on modern uranium fuel pebbles.

Check the Society of Automotive Engineering characteristics. They to might have something on it. You'll have to pay though.

I've seen that page already. Thanks. But there's to little info. I need something on it's destination, examples of nozzles made of this ceramic. I've googled the internet page by page and nothing concrete, just a few lines, nothing more. That's why I turned to the forum. Hoped someone could enlighten me. :oops:
probably a process they don't wish to divulge

I seem to recall that this is the same stuff Burtan used for his X-Prixe rocket. Check Aviation Week and Space Technology archives. Also think you might want to check nuclear reactor specs as I think that it is also a coating on modern uranium fuel pebbles.

Check the Society of Automotive Engineering characteristics. They to might have something on it. You'll have to pay though.

It is highly resistent to heat, thus widely used on space technology, esspecialy re-entry shields and nozzles...
thanks for the info though, I'll check everything out...
:idea:

What specific data are you looking for?
One of the manufacturers of the material can't help? (GE, Pyrogenics Group, others) Let them think you're a researcher looking to buy tons of the stuff.

I can't find anything in my ASM handbook (it's old) but try:
ASM International - The Materials Information Society

Google is a graet resource but can be overwhelming when it returns too much. Use the advanced search with specific key words for what you're looking for ("tensile strength" etc.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back