Queen's New Year's Honours List

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

buffnut453

Captain
Jul 25, 2007
Utah, USA
Ok....let me be the first to point out that I don't normally get myself into a tizzy over the Queen's New Year's (or birthday) Honours Lists. However, one award stood out for me this year.

Daniel Craig who bowed out as James Bond with this year's movie No Time to Die, has been made a Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George. That's the same honour that the fictional spy himself received, and which author Ian Fleming wrote in the 1957 novel From Russia With Love, was usually given "on retirement from the Secret Service".

IMHO, this was a classy award by HM the Queen...and shows, again, that she still has a sense of humour (and she knows her Bond).

And, in case people forgot, here's the clip of the Queen parachuting into the London Olympics opening ceremony with James Bond himself:

Ok....let me be the first to point out that I don't normally get myself into a tizzy over the Queen's New Year's (or birthday) Honours Lists. However, one award stood out for me this year.

Daniel Craig who bowed out as James Bond with this year's movie No Time to Die, has been made a Companion of the Order of St Michael and St George. That's the same honour that the fictional spy himself received, and which author Ian Fleming wrote in the 1957 novel From Russia With Love, was usually given "on retirement from the Secret Service".

IMHO, this was a classy award by HM the Queen...and shows, again, that she still has a sense of humour (and she knows her Bond).

And, in case people forgot, here's the clip of the Queen parachuting into the London Olympics opening ceremony with James Bond himself:

The Distinguished Order of St Michael & St George and order of Chivalry, ranked sixth in the UK honours, was originally instituted for reward of service to government officials in the Ionian Islands ( now restored to Greece) and Malta by the Prince Regent (later George IV) in 1818. It was later adapted for all government servants and Officers serving in the Mediterranean and since 1879 any citizen of the United Kingdom has been eligible; however, the honour is conferred mostly on officials in colonial affairs, foreign-service officers and diplomats, and others who have rendered extraordinary or important non-military service in a foreign country and can also be conferred for important or loyal service in relation to foreign and commonwealth affairs.
  • Order awarded in three classes: Knight Grand Cross or Dame Grand Cross (GCMG), Knight Commander (KCMG) or Dame Commander (DCMG) and Companion (CMG).

And as a good laugh as she, is she pinned a stage prop on him.
Giving a medal to an actor who did nothing more then look angry and give him the same medal as real mi6 men is the same as give prince C the victoria cross because the stepped on lego. Funny but a slap in the face.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back