Questions on Gerhard Schopfel and Franz von Werra-Battle of Britain (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Alte Hase

Airman 1st Class
Sep 25, 2011
Hi guys!

Having just visited the UK and the fantastic museums of Hendon and the Imperial War Museum,I am very interested in building a BF109 flown by either Gerhard Schopfel, or Franz von Werra. I have a number of books mentioning both pilots, but I cannot find an operational record of their sorties (apart from kills lists). A record of ops for both these pilots or their staffeln,if somebody has it, would be MUCH appreciated!

Also, I'm a bit confused about Schopfel. He is shown as first being with "9./JG26", but all records I have of him in his iconic BF109E-4 Yellow 1, are for 18 August 1940. Did he fly this aircraft beyond this date? If so, did it get a yellow nose, like many other JG26 machines? If so, when did they add this?

About Von Werra, does anyone have a record of the sorties he flew prior to his shooting down on 5 September 1940? Do you know which RAF squadrons he came up against?

Thank you guys SO much for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back