Questions on Graf Spee ammo status and the hit rate of T5 Zaunkönig 1 homing torpedo

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Juha

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 8, 2007
Helsinki
Hello
does anyone have info on ammo situation of Pocket Battleship/Panzerschiff Graf Spee at eve of River La Plata action? I have seen somewhere the info but cannot remember where.
Has anyone reliable info on the hit rate of German T5 Zaunkönig 1 homing torpedo, Brits call it Gnat?

TIA
Juha

I have no figures for the hit rates of TVa. But given the state and countermeasures introduced soon after, I would consider chances of the original TVa to be somehow remote (less than 20%).

I have put forward the other question to someone, who knows in detail, will have to wait for is reply.

best regards,

Thanks Delcyros
I have seen the info on ammo situation of Graf Spee somewhere some 10 - 20 years ago, but I cannot remember where, probably in some article on the Battle of River La Plata.
IIRC I have not came across info on hit probability of T5 but that would be interesting to know

Juha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back