Radio range (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

megoblks

Recruit
Apr 2, 2015
Hello! Does anyone happen to know the general range of radios for fighters in the early part of the war along the Eastern front? (Yak-1 range would be even more perfect, after they started installing them in 1942, obviously :) ). I've found a few different specs on radios in general, but there seems to be quite a difference in actual range. The best I have so far for the Yaks is short ranged and unreliable.

Thanks!

From Russian sources:

The radio-set РСИ-3 or РСИ-4 used for И-16, И-15, ЛАГГ-3, ЛА-5, Як-1, Як-3, Як-7, Як-9, Ил-2, Пе-3 consisted of the transmitter РСИ-3 "Орел" (RSI-3 Eagle) and the receiver РСИ-3 "Сокол" (RSI-3 Hawk) or РСИ-4 Малютка" ( RSI-4 Little). The general range for the transmitter РСИ-3м - 80-90km, for the РСИ-3м1 - 110km, Generally ,flying at the altitude 1000m and working with the 11-АК or РАФ (RAF) ground transceivers , the range up to 100km but working with the ground transceiver РСБ-Ф (RSB-F) to 40-50km. At the ground level the range was 60-70km. The communications among planes up to 15km.

And for those that aren't familiar with Cyrillic, the aircraft listed are:
И-15 = I-15
И-16 = I-16
ЛАГГ-3 = LaGG-3
ЛА-5 = La-5
Як-1 = YaK-1
Як-3 = YaK-3
Як-7 = YaK-7
Як-9 = YaK-9
Ил-2 = IL-2
Пе-3 = Pe-3

Users who are viewing this thread