RAF Marham Victor to be scrapped

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I've got a 'secret' field to put it in, with my crated Spitfires and buried Lancaster. I'm not telling you where it is though.

I'll have to move the airworthy Concord to make some room. Apparently there are loads of 747s going cheap too.

There is a Vampire on a pole near me that is regularly vandalised with graffiti and rocks thrown at it smashing cockpit glass. Some people are scum.
But the RAAF regularly keeps on maintaining/repairing it - and I'm glad that they do.
Yes, I know the Victor is much bigger, but it just seems such a shame.

index.jpg

Damn shame. I suspect this sort of thing will happen more often. There are five surviving complete Victors at present, two of which whose fate is less than certain. This one and David Walton's at Bruntingthorpe, which, if it doesn't get moved off the airfield could also end up being scrapped, although Walton is working to get it moved. The other three are a Mk.1 at Duxford undergoing a long term resto at present, and two K.2 tankers, one at RAF Museum Cosford and the other in private hands at Elvington, Yorkshire.

All the airframes at Brunty are under threat and the VC.10 owners have begun raising money for its transportation to a more secure site, but the cost of dismantling, transport and reassembly at the other end has been estimated at over 400,000 pound sterling. That's a lot for a non-profit group of enthusiasts just to move an aeroplane, let alone put effort into securing its long term future. Aeroplanes cost money, sadly.

Brunty's Victor.

50196779968_58fe7b4d37_b.jpg
Bruntingthorpe 07

IWM Victor.

30110994888_31ac9ccafc_b.jpg
0707 Duxford Victor

Elvington Victor.

30137410748_41184bb6de_b.jpg
0807 Yorkshire Air Museum Victor

If the f****** traitors in wastemonster stopped funding all the third worlds vermin, via France, and others who are living off the UK taxpayer in hotels across the country, there would be the ££££££££££££ available to maintain and restore the RAF's heritage.

Last edited:
Damn shame. I suspect this sort of thing will happen more often. There are five surviving complete Victors at present, two of which whose fate is less than certain. This one and David Walton's at Bruntingthorpe, which, if it doesn't get moved off the airfield could also end up being scrapped, although Walton is working to get it moved. The other three are a Mk.1 at Duxford undergoing a long term resto at present, and two K.2 tankers, one at RAF Museum Cosford and the other in private hands at Elvington, Yorkshire.

All the airframes at Brunty are under threat and the VC.10 owners have begun raising money for its transportation to a more secure site, but the cost of dismantling, transport and reassembly at the other end has been estimated at over 400,000 pound sterling. That's a lot for a non-profit group of enthusiasts just to move an aeroplane, let alone put effort into securing its long term future. Aeroplanes cost money, sadly.

Brunty's Victor.

View attachment 594745Bruntingthorpe 07

IWM Victor.

View attachment 5947460707 Duxford Victor

Elvington Victor.

View attachment 5947470807 Yorkshire Air Museum Victor
When I was at Elvington air museum they had a Comet and the Victor running up their engines, it was like some weird Sci Fi mating display. The Victor really is an odd looking bird.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back